Spice Up Your H2O
5 Great Ways to Improve the Taste of Water
Although a new trendy health drink is always on the rise, they still won’t be able to outperform the good old water. Other than its numerous health benefits, a glass of water can actually help in promoting weight loss. However, it won’t be able to boost your health if you won’t drink it up – which can be difficult if you hate its taste. Luckily, there are some great ways that you can do to add some flavour to the plain and boring H2O.
- Simmer a Cinnamon Stick. If you’re a cinnamon fanatic, then this would work great for you. Just simmer one cinnamon stick in a cup of water, and use its resulting liquid as a concentrate that you can mix with cold water and ice. Not only will it improve the water’s taste, it’ll also give you a number of health benefits like lowering your cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
- Splash Some Fruit Juice. Another great way to add some kick into your water is to add some fruit juice. However, you should only pour a drop or two enough to add flavour and colour to your glass of water without piling a ton of sugar.
- Use a Water Infuser. Upgrade the taste of water by simply spiking it with some fruit. Using a water infuser, add in the flavour of your favourite berries and fruit slices into your glass of water. Now, that’s one refreshing and healthy drink for you.
- Soak Some Herbs. Adding leaves like mint and crushed basil to your water is another way to punch up its rather dull flavour. Just soak the leaves of your choice overnight, add a squeeze of lemon in the morning and drink it up.
- Play With Flavoured Ice Cubes. Whether you freeze pureed fruits or coffee, adding in these flavoured ice cubes to your water will surely spice things up for you. Not only do they look pretty, they also add a cool and refreshing burst to the ordinary water.
With its pretty bland taste, staying hydrated with water alone can be quite hard. So use these tricks to add some flavour and kick to the boring drink, and to ensure that you get a healthy dose of your hydration fix.