Different Hair Treatment Procedures
Some people are born with frizzy, brittle and dry hair that can be difficult to style. Fortunately, there are a lot of hair treatments available at the hair salon in Singapore today that target almost all types of hair and scalp problems. Common hair problems that can be treated include dry or flat hair, frizz, split ends, hair breakage, kinky hair, flyaway hair, and itchy scalp.
Let’s look at some of the different hair treatment procedures and what you can expect at the best hair salon in Singapore.
A lot of people dream of having straight and shiny locks because it’s easier to style, that is why it’s the most popular type of hair treatment in any hair salon today even in Singapore. There are two types of hair straightening methods available at the hair salon; temporary and permanent hair straightening.
1. Temporary Hair Straightening is divided into heat and heatless methods. Hair straightening procedures that use heat include hot ironing, blow-drying, and the use of straightening comb. Heatless methods include the use of bobby pins and combing damp hair in front of a fan.
2. Permanent Hair Straightening uses chemical treatment and the application of heat to straighten hair for several months. Any hair straightening method at the hair salon will first apply the chemicals called straightening creams on your hair to break down the shafts, and then straighten the hair using a flat iron and blow-dryer. The types of permanent hair straightening you can choose from are rebonding, keratin, and smoothing.
• Rebonding breaks the bonds in your hair because the process alters the form of the hair shafts. The tedious process, however, has a high risk of damaging your hair.
• Keratin Treatments at an impressive hair salon for beauty in Singapore also break the bonds in the hair shafts, but the breaks are filled in with keratin. The process also damages the hair, but the damage is coated by the protein so that it appears shiny and frizz-free.
• Smoothing does not change the form of your hair, but eliminates the frizz with an alignment procedure. The chemicals used are not as harsh as those used in rebonding and keratin treatments.
Keratin refers to the protein naturally found in your hair and is responsible for making it shiny and strong. Studies have found, however, that keratin is limited in textured and curly hair that is why these hair types can become frizzy and dry. This discovery has led stylists to come up with treatments that can smoothen the hair stands by applying keratin on dry and frizzy hair. Talk to your stylist at the best hair salon in Singapore to find out which type of keratin treatment is ideal for your hair.
1. Japzilian Keratin is a combination of the Japanese and Brazilian hair treatments. Specifically, the hair salon will utilize the Brazilian treatment method using the Japanese straightening procedure so that it can be enjoyed by different hair types. The procedure begins with the application of Brazilian keratin to break the structure of the hair, then the Japanese chemical treatment is applied on top to seal the keratin in the hair shafts. If you don’t like heat treatment, this procedure will eliminate the need for you to use the blow-dryer or flat iron everyday.
2. Brazilian Keratin Treatment is a type of semi-permanent hair straightening methods that aims to keep the hair looking voluminous as well as add shine and smoothness, that is why the hair salon in Singapore will recommend this to clients with very curly hair often exposed to sunlight. If you’re the athletic type who likes going outdoors, Brazilian keratin treatment can last for about 6 months after a one-hour procedure. The stylist at the hair salon will apply and seal a liquid solution of keratin and preservative into your hair using a hair iron. If you’re concerned about the use of formaldehyde in the treatment, ask the hair salon about the type of products and ingredients they’re using for the procedure.
3. Soft Keratin Treatment, which lasts for as long as 2 months, is recommended for people with waves and curls, sometimes called fine to medium-textured hair, and wants to keep them without the use of harsh chemicals. The hair salon will assure you that they use only formaldehyde-free hair products for this method. The procedure is the same as Brazilian keratin treatment; the stylist will seal the chemicals on your hair using a flat iron and blow-dryer.
4. Keratin Express doesn’t take hours to take effect because it requires only the application of a hair serum and then the hair is blow-dried and flat-ironed. The hair salon will recommend this treatment for people with straight or wavy hair that tend to become dry and dull when exposed to heat. The effect of keratin express usually lasts for about 6 weeks.
Hair loss can also be treated at hair salons today that have hair transplantation services, which is done by removing the follicles or grafts from the back of your head and transferring them to balding areas.
1. Follicular Unit Transplantation involves the cutting off of a strip of your scalp from the back of your head and dividing it into different individual grafts. FUT is ideal for covering a large bald area in a few procedures and the resection rate is less. Resection refers to the cut grafts during the removal.
2. Follicular Unit Extraction is the removal of individual follicular grafts from the back of your head and transferring these one by one to the balding spots. FUE uses a special machine to cut the grafts and is ideal for clients who want a painless procedure. The person will also be able to recover quickly, but the procedure takes hours to complete. This is recommended for people who have small bald patches and who like to wear short hair because of an active lifestyle.