Delicious Vegetable Recipes Your Kids Might Like
Most kids don’t like the taste of vegetables, but an insufficient diet that lacks vegetables can affect the child’s growth and development. Growing kids need the required daily servings of vegetables, but you also have to consider the preparation and presentation of the food, which are both important if you want the child to eat properly.
• Ingredients: lasagna noodles, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 cup chopped onion, 3 minced garlic cloves, 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes, 2 zucchinis, 2 yellow squash, 12 ounces roasted red peppers, 28 ounces crushed tomatoes, chopped basil leaves, 15 ounces part-skim ricotta or cottage cheese, 2 eggs, 60 grams parmesan, 230 grams mozzarella, and salt and pepper
• Preparation: Cook the noodles and pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Sauté the onion, garlic, squash, zucchini, red pepper flakes, and salt for at least 5 minutes. Then, stir in the roasted red pepper and crushed tomatoes before simmering. After about 5 minutes, add the basil and season with salt and pepper. In a separate bowl, stir the ricotta, salt, and eggs. In a 13 by 9-inch baking dish, arrange the vegetable mixture, pasta, and cheese in alternate layers. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes before adding the cheese and broil for another 2 minutes.
Sweet Potato Pie
• Ingredients: 2 ¼ pounds sweet potatoes, 1 ½ cups cream, 1 cup brown sugar, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, 2 eggs, cooking oil spray, 1 ½ cups marshmallows, ½ cup flour, ¼ teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoons butter, and ½ cup toasted pecans
• Preparation: Preheat the oven at 375 degrees while simmer the potatoes in another oven. Next, combine ¾ cup sugar, salt, vanilla, and potatoes in a bowl, before adding the eggs in the mixture. Place the mixture in a baking dish, then layer the top with marshmallows. Combine the rest of the ingredients in a separate bowl and pour over the pie before baking for 30 minutes.
• Ingredients: 5 eggs, 1/3 cup melted butter, ½ cup milk, ¼ cup white sugar, 4 tablespoons cornstarch, 1 can whole kernel corn, and 2 cans cream-style corn
• Preparation: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F while greasing a casserole dish. Beat the eggs lightly in a bowl, then add butter, sugar, milk, cornstarch, corn, and creamed corn. Make sure the ingredients are blended well before pouring in the casserole dish. Bake for one hour.
• Ingredients: 1 pound asparagus, ¼ cup butter, 2 tablespoons, 1 teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper, and 3 cloves garlic
• Preparation: Melt the butter in a pan, then add the oil, salt, pepper, and garlic. Cook until the garlic turns slightly brown in color, then add the asparagus. Cook for about 10 minutes.
• Ingredients: 1 egg, 3 tablespoons water, 4 ¼ ounces corn muffin mix, ½ cup chopped beets ¾ cup zucchini, 2 tablespoons canola oil, and salt and pepper
• Preparation: First, mix the corn muffin mix with egg and water, then add the beets and zucchini. Using the canola oil, heat a skillet in medium heat before pouring the batter. Cook until the mixture turns brown.