5 Ways to Wear Your High Heels Healthily
A great pair of sky-high heels can really make an outfit stand out, but sometimes the price that women pay just to look fashionable usually comes at a rather painful cost. Constantly wearing high heels can lead to several feet problems, from serious joint problems to inflamed nerves. Pretty scary, right? But there’s no need for you to ditch your stilettos, as these problems can be prevented by simply following these tips.
- Cut Down Your Heel Height. If you’re willing to give up a little height for the ability to walk with ease throughout the day, then consider cutting down your heel height. Visit a show repair shop near your area and ask the cobbler to remove one inch off your heel.
- Use Gel Insoles. Other than cutting down your heel height, avoid most of your heel problems is by using gel insoles. High heel insoles work wonders in keeping the pressure off your foot, thereby preventing blisters from occurring and your toes from scrunching. It will also hold the ball of your foot in place to keep your feet from sliding forward. Just have it replaced after six months or once they start to tear.
- Have Regular High Heel Breaks. The best way to save your feet from any high heel injury is to avoid wearing your heels twice in a row by taking a day’s break in between. If you still want to sport your four-inch heels, then give your feet enough time to recover in between.
- Place a Moleskin on Your Heels. Known as a second skin, moleskin works wonders in keeping your shoes comfortable. Just purchase a sheet, and cut it in shapes that will cover the trouble spots that you have in your feet. It will perfectly mould to the shape of your feet, and won’t hang off your Achilles tendon like common bandages.
- Opt for a Shoe Shape you’re Comfortable With. It may not seem like it, but the shape of your shoes can actually impact your comfort. Platforms, for instance, reduce the distance your heels are elevated above the balls of your feet, making them less taxing on the arch of your feet. If you want extreme feet comfort, then a round toe box is good for you as it allows your toes to lay flat.
Wearing high heels often comes with a price, but feet problems can be easily prevented by just following the aforementioned tips. Just ensure that you choose the right style and heel height for you, and you’re good to go.